Sharing space in a container, from 1m3
Groupage is an affordable way to send items (from 1m3 or more) to and from abroad. How is it done? By sharing space in a sea container with other goods going to the same destination.
The United States, Curaçao, Australia and Canada are popular destinations. During the high season, from the end of May until mid-September, we ship a container once a month on average to New York and Los Angeles.
Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand or South Africa are also among the frequent destinations.
Would you like to ship items to one of these places or another destination? Please contact us for the options.
How does it work?
- Through our contact form, you indicate the volume you want to send and the destination.
- Then you will receive from us the availability of container space at that time and an overview of price categories. Consider whether you would like us to pack and pick up your goods or if you will do it yourself. You will also receive information from us about insuring your shipment.
- You choose a price category; we confirm your booking and inform you about the necessary documents for customs formalities in the country of origin and destination.
- You choose a packing date and your belongings will be stored free of charge in our warehouse in The Hague until the first possible departure. Depending on the option you have chosen, the goods will either be packed by yourself or by us and brought to the warehouse.
- We will give you a call as soon as we have enough shipments to fill a container and will then inform you about the sailing schedule.
- You can track your shipment via track & trace.
Once your goods have arrived at the destination, the container will be unloaded in our partner’s warehouse. They will inform you about the possibility to pick up your goods yourself or have them delivered to an address of your choice.
What does it cost?
Because the prices for groupage fluctuate and depend on the final destination, the volume and the season, we are happy to provide a quotation upon request.
- Make sure that the necessary documents for customs formalities are in order and in time;
- Insure your belongings: if you have your belongings professionally packed by us, you can take advantage of a complete and inexpensive all-risk coverage. If you choose to pack your belongings yourself, then you can insure your belongings for limited coverage;
- Contact us about the packing tips if you’re going to pack your items yourself, this way you can help ensure that your belongings remain complete and arrive undamaged.